Cheez-It Shrimps



Once upon a time I brought some Cheez-It crackers and the kids loved them, so I bought some more boxes the next time I went grocery shopping. Well guess what? The boxes remained untouched for several weeks now. I think the novelty wore off already. So, I did what I usually do to crackers that have been staying too long in my pantry: use as crumbs for deep frying (or even for meatballs or meatloaf purposes).

Ingredients:
Enough Cheez-It, crumbled (probably about 2 cups)
salt, pepper, and curry powder to taste
egg whites (I had some after making supersoft ensaymada) for dipping (can use whole egg)
1 cup flour plus 1 tbsp cornstarch
1 lb shelled shrimps
Oil for deep-frying
Instructions:


While oil is heating up to 375 deg F, individually dip shrimps in this sequence: egg whites, flour/starch, egg whites, crumbs.
Deep fry about 5-7 pieces each (just enough so they do not lower the temp of the oil too much, and that each has enough space around for oil to cook it) for about 2-3 minutes.
Drain well and let paper towel absorb excess oil.
Serve on a bed of iceberg salad greens, or even enjoy as tortilla wrap (we used ranch dressing).

Comments

Post a Comment

If you ask a question in the comments and want to receive email for my answer, please click on the option to notify you by email before you hit submit.
If you like my recipes, please subscribe to Kusina ni Manang, at paki-klik lang po some gugel adverts. Salamat!

Popular Posts