Amco Swing A-Way Grease Separator



 

For the past 5 years my cheap 1-cup fat separator had served me well enough. But many times I wish I had one with bigger capacity, with a wide mouth and stable base, such that pouring the sauce off from pan would not be too much of a hassle. So I browsed amazon.com again to look for one with good reviews. This particular brand and style caught my attention, not only because of its strainer that would get rid of big chunks of veggies and meat or bones left there and still retain some small bits that add flavor, but also of its bottom-release feature, which allows for minimal, if at all, inclusion of fat when you are pouring that gravy to saucepan. The cover of the tiny hole at the bottom is released with a squeeze of a silicone part at the handle.

However, despite buying myself this gadget for the purpose of separating fat from the sauce, I found an additional use for it. As a matter of fact, I used it first as a batter dispenser before I even had the chance to use it for fat separation when making gravy (which I haven't done to this day since I got this wonderful gadget). This photo shows the kutsinta batter being poured effortlessly and with minimal mess into individual muffin cups. I love it, and I just hope it lasts.

So even if it was more pricey than most fat separators, the two-in-one feature (which I did not foresee when I made the decision to buy it) makes it worth the price.




Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. That is such an awesome gadget! I'm going to take a look at it on Amazon . . . !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really now, how cool is that! Filipinos really are creative when it comes to using different kitchen gadgets! Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

If you ask a question in the comments and want to receive email for my answer, please click on the option to notify you by email before you hit submit.
If you like my recipes, please subscribe to Kusina ni Manang, at paki-klik lang po some gugel adverts. Salamat!

Popular Posts