Chicken Alfredo with Fettuccine Pasta

I got the recipe for this on the box of the fettuccine (grocery brand). But while it did not contain the chicken, I added cubes of chicken breast. And when I tasted it, it lacked something, so I added the sour cream.

Husband liked it so well he asked to bring some for his lunch pack the next day. As long as I do not add veggies on such recipes (which I tend to do often, for health reasons), he is all set. So I just served pickles on the side. Shown on this plate is kosher dills (sliced version of my dill pickles, which I chilled only, not processed in water bath).


INGREDIENTS:
1 lb chicken breasts, cubed
1 lb Fettuccine
3 cups heavy cream
12 tbsp butter
1 cup parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup sour cream

PROCEDURE:
Cook pasta according to package directions. When pasta is "al dente," drain and set aside. Meanwhile, heat large skillet and season the chicken with salt and pepper. Melt the butter and let clarify, then brown the chicken cubes in it. Add the heavy cream and cook to a medium consistency while constantly stirring. Add fettuccine and parmesan. Serve pasta and sauce separately in case you will have leftovers.

TIPS: When reheating the sauce, it is better to do so on the cooktop instead of microwave, because the fat tends to separate. Reheat on low, stirring constantly. The stages will be such that it will seem the oil is separating, but keep on stirring. Once the sticky part starts to heat up well (later than the butter part), it will eventually blend.

Comments

Popular Posts