Chewy Brownies (A Mix-In-A-Jar Recipe)

Last December my younger son came home with a note about the class' celebration of Thanksgiving and a request for sending in a bread mix for the occasion. They would bake the mixes there. I looked for recipes of mixes at VeryBestBaking.com but I had no canned pumpkin to make a mix for the traditional pumpkin pie or bread. What I had was, as usual, the Nestle Toll House Choc Morsels. So I opted to prepare the mix for Chewy Brownies and instructed my young son to give it to his teacher when he gets to school.



He came back home that day still with the mix. Apparently he forgot (again) to give it to his teacher for their celebration.



I ended up baking it. It was my first time to bake brownies without Betty Crocker's help (that's one of my husband's favorite mixes). It was greeted with warm acceptance and eager mouths.



Here's a cut and paste of the recipe from the website.



Ingredients:

Directions:

LAYER ingredients in order listed above in 1-quart jar, pressing firmly after adding each ingredient.



NOTE: After adding cocoa, wipe out inside of jar with paper towel. Seal with lid and decorate with fabric and ribbon.



RECIPE TO ATTACH:

PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Pour brownie mix into large mixer bowl; stir. Add 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) melted butter or margarine, 2 large eggs, 2 tablespoons water and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract; stir well. Spread into prepared baking pan. Bake for 18 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar. Makes 2 dozen brownies.



You, together with your kids, may want to make this as gifts for relatives next Christmas (Chewy Brownie Mix in a Jar). Here's a free printable gift tag to go along with it. You will just need quart jars and some ribbons. For an idea of how it looks like, click on the recipe link I provided above.



Posted by Hello

Comments

Popular Posts