Deviled Eggs

Pasensya na sa tagal ng post ko. Excited pa ako sa trabaho eh.

Deviled eggs are a common item in wedding receptions, and basically any gathering here. I liked it, so I researched for the recipe. It was not hard to find it. Just type "deviled eggs" into the Google search engine, click on the first link in the list, and you will get the recipe below (which I am posting here for your convenience; other tips on eggs can be found in that site). My kids loved them, though I discovered that my husband did not really care for boiled eggs (Malay ko ba! Eh di nag-hotdog sandwich sya!) My boys and I ate them with rolls. It is almost like our Egg Sandwich, only richer with eggs.

Classic Deviled Eggs

Serve for any occasion, whether it be a wedding feast, a picnic in the park, or for lunch or dinner!

Items Needed: (for 12 Deviled Eggs)


  • 6 hard boiled Eggs (large)
  • 3 tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1 teaspoon mustard (honey mustard is great!)
  • 1 teaspoon vinegar
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • paprika (optional)

    To boil eggs, place eggs in enough cold water to cover completely, bring to a rolling boil over high heat.

    Reduce heat to a lower MEDIUM BOIL and cook an additional 12 minutes.

    Promptly chill eggs so yolks stay bright yellow.

    Remove shells from eggs, and halve lengthwise with a knife.

    Carefully remove the yolks, and place in a medium bowl.

    Mash yolks with a fork, and add remaining ingredients.

    Very carefully spoon mixture back into the egg white halves. Garnish with a light sprinkling of paprika (optional).

  • Posted by Hello

    Comments

    1. Hi Manang,

      I like hard boiled eggs but my hubby and daughter doesn't like the egg yokes. It's weird. Tayo lang mga Pinoy yata ang hindi maarte sa pagkain.
      I eat anything edible, digestable and safe.

      Tina

      ReplyDelete
    2. Ako rin! I always tell my hubby, he doesn't know what he's missing. Sabi naman nya, he does not care to know.

      Hay naku, talgang kung ano ang nakalakihan ng tao, yun na. Tanggapin mo na lang. I am exposing my stepdaughter to Filipino foods and a variety of foods we grew up with (Chinese especially). Medyo naiimpluwensyahan ko naman.

      ReplyDelete
    3. hi manang! (ayan di na madame!)it's me...we've communicated thru email.. recently.. anyways, i'm an "egg fanatic" n i ought to try this, but after the holy week - medyo fasting ng konti (daw). thanks for reply to my emails ha...

      ReplyDelete
    4. Hi Manang,

      Congrats on your new job! I am an egg fanatic too. I made deviled eggs last week and it came out fine. I used the tuna salad maker by Kraft and mixed it with the boiled egg yolks. Paprika was also added for garnishing. It's easy and comes out good and delicious.

      ReplyDelete
    5. I love your blog.
      Thanks for the great recipes.

      ReplyDelete
    6. My husband and I like our deviled eggs a little sweet,so I actually put sweet pickle relish in mine. And I make them a little hotter with granulated garlic powder and more than normal amount of Coleman's dry mustard!

      ReplyDelete
    7. i came across your blog and saw the recipe for deviled eggs. i was stunned with disbelief when i saw one of the ingredient - since WHEN did deviled eggs come with recipe sugar????????

      out of curiosity - i looked at other recipes - do filipinos really eat everything with sugar? i mean, do all food has to be sweet? even spaghetti?

      ReplyDelete
    8. Hi anonymous,

      I don't know since when classic deviled eggs came with sugar in its recipe. Maybe you should ask the site owner from which I got the recipe (http://www.goodegg.com/recipe/deviledegg.html

      That site is maintained by the Rose Acre Farm, an American company.

      I am not sure if Filipinos love sugar that much; I just know that my American husband cannot help reducing his consumption of chocolates and sodas, nor his penchant for adding more butter to all rolls and mashed potatoes - haha!!!).

      I do know that Filipinos love spices, some sugar, lots of vinegar, coconut oil/cream, rice, rice, rice, thin soups, lots of green leafy veggies, and pan de sal!

      ReplyDelete
    9. hello manang...

      your blog site is very interesting for me coz i also love to cook...i'm from pampanga. wish i could share my own blog site with you but i have to check on it first. til next time. my best regards to you & your family.

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    If you ask a question in the comments and want to receive email for my answer, please click on the option to notify you by email before you hit submit.
    If you like my recipes, please subscribe to Kusina ni Manang, at paki-klik lang po some gugel adverts. Salamat!

    Popular Posts