Manang's Hot Pockets (Baked Version of Siopao)

I roasted pork head sometime before my Nanay flew to her own mother in California (she was sick). I roasted that head for 4 hours (lower 2/3 of the oven) at 350° F then broiled until skin turned crackly (like crispy pata or lechon kawali). She was originally planning to turn the roasted pig's head into sisig, but after seeing that the skin turned super crispy, she decided we could just go ahead eat the skin while still crispy, then we proceeded to shred the meat part, discarding the fat. I then cut the meat in smaller pieces, then prepared as filling for siopao. Please see my post on pork sesame siopao for the recipe of the filling. Since this is the baked version, you can call this particular baked siopao as Hot Pockets Pork Sesame flavor.

Ingredients:
1 tube 8-pc crescent rolls (I used Pillsbury and I usually keep about two tubes at a time in the fridge)
Pork Sesame filling
Eggwash:
1 egg
1 T sugar
1 T milk

Instructions:
Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
Separate the crescent roll dough along perforations into 8 pieces.
Place a tablespoonful (I used cookie scoop) near the wide end.
Fold dough over the filling and cover (see slide show or the video).
Place on the the parchment paper.
Brush tops with egg wash.
Create vents on top of dough.
Bake for 12 minutes. Rotate pan, then bake an additional 2 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack for about 5-20 minutes before eating as filling will be piping hot!

My two sons had these for merienda, and they were bitin! I had to make a second batch (the photos of which I used for the slide show). Then the rest of the filling that I had (I was able to make three batches of the recipe for that pork sesame filling) I am planning to make into siopao which I can freeze for future merienda.


Comments

  1. Manang!!!! Bakit tagal mo nawala? I am one of your thousands of (nameless) followers. I am sooooooo glad you are back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi housekeeper,
    mahabang kwento, but up to now, my time for blogging is severely limited because of my problem with DHHS who have been trampling upon my parental rights. I would love to post more, but the demands of DHHS is eating up my time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a very nice cooking blog. Lots of useful recipes! Wish the template is white though. It's kinda hard reading the white script/ font against the black background. Yun lang. Hihi. Ni-klik ko yun ad sa taas huh. Cheers! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mrs. Kolca,
    Thanks for your feedback. Maybe later when I find the time I will probably be able to tinker with my template...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow ang sarap naman nyan.. added this blog on my foodie blog Manang, you may check it out at Spice Up Your Life.

    BTW, my Pinay friend here in WV always visits your blog, she's not a blogger though..

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks really delicious! I have not had any siopao for a very long time. Thanks for sharing, Manang!

    Adin B

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi chubs,
    good to have another blog to get more ideas from! I also added yours to my blogroll/blogs I follow, although at the moment, my time is so limited due to problems with DHHS... :(

    Please give my regards to your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adin,

    You are welcome! Hope you will find this easy enough to make! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

If you ask a question in the comments and want to receive email for my answer, please click on the option to notify you by email before you hit submit.
If you like my recipes, please subscribe to Kusina ni Manang, at paki-klik lang po some gugel adverts. Salamat!

Popular Posts