Lobster Rolls

Last Sunday night we ate the lobsters with my favorite tender rolls, pandelimon. While traditionally, lobster rolls use the typical hotdog buns, I used leftovers of both lobsters and pandelimon to make myself some "lobster rolls" for lunch the next day. Pictured here are two of them (I already ate the first one).

How to:

Slice horizontally and place your rolls in oven toaster at 350 F for about 3-5 minutes. Meanwhile, cut the lobster meat into bite-size pieces,mix with about 1 tbsp mayonnaise, sprinkle with some (real) lemon juice (probably 1/2 tsp), add a dash of salt and pepper (I used Kosher salt and freshly milled pepper). One whole lobster can make 4 of these (or two using hotdog rolls). I was only able to eat 3 as I was stuffed! I saved the remaining lobster filling for later when my sons came home. The first one to see it got to eat it, who happened to be my older son. He loved it! He said, "Now I know how lobster rolls are made!" I did not really know the exact recipe for that, and I just went ahead with my insticts, but it made me try to search for recipes, and what I saw were the same ingredients. I should learn to trust my instincts...




Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. Hi Manang, your lobster rolls recipe...did you add some mayonnaise or any kind of dressing aside from the lemon juice?

    Regards,
    Lei

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lei, thanks for catching that. I edited accordingly...hehe...
    I add about 1 tbsp of mayo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

If you ask a question in the comments and want to receive email for my answer, please click on the option to notify you by email before you hit submit.
If you like my recipes, please subscribe to Kusina ni Manang, at paki-klik lang po some gugel adverts. Salamat!

Popular Posts