Cornmeal Muffins


I was supposed to post about Chicken Curry, but I realized I was not able to take photos of the cooking! Anyway, I will just prepare the recipe page for its beef counterpart. For today I decided to post a recipe for baking: Cornmeal Muffins.

Cornmeal muffins are NOT MY FAVORITE muffins; they're my husband's. And while I like to eat it only fresh from the oven, my husband likes it cooled to room temperature. No other muffins will do for him (and no amount of experimenting with various muffin recipes on my part will convince him otherwise). So I am still sharing this recipe for those Filipinas whose husband's taste is as weird (?) as my husband's (he says I have the weird taste).


Ingredients:

1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup Corn Meal (Quaker or Aunt Jemima)
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsps baking powder
1/2 tsp salt (optional)
1 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 egg, beaten

Instructions:

Heat over to 400 deg F. Grease muffin pan.
Combine dry ingredients.
Stir in milk, oil and egg, mixing just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool on wire rack. Remove with a small rubber spatula.
Serve with maple syrup or strawberry jam.

Comments

  1. I love cornmeal muffins! Freshly-baked. Crisp on the outside and soft inside...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love muffins too especially when they sit on the tuffins...

    you know this nursery rhyme..
    little miss muffet, she sat on a tuffet...
    pahingi nga manangku.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarap naman! Inggit ako sa inyong nag-blo-blog. Mahilig akong magluto at gusto ko rin i-post ang aking recipes pero wala ako idea how to start. Can anyone help me? I enjoy visiting Sassy's, napakaorganized ang ideas niya. Actually doon ako natutong magluto ng bangus in oil and I slightly varied it(in tomato sauce, spicy or just in plain olive oil). Everytime I go to the Filipino store, I buy the bangus in bulk, I cook them all at once and when my kids start looking for food in the fridge, at least kahit kumain sila ng marami, alam ko fish naman. I don't cook a lot of rice anymore. Napaparami silang kain lalo na yung aking football player.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is great with mint tea on cold nights! Add a good book, and I'm on my way to a great treat. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sassy, Cathy, baguiogirl and Doc Emer,

    I guess my husband's taste isn't so weird at all. Still, I like almost any baked good freshly-baked, save for fudgy brownies (the recipe for which I have not bothered to try because we all love the Betty Crocker anyway).

    Baguiogirl,
    For a simple start, try photoblogging (if you like including photos as well) with blogspot.com. It's very simple. Create a blogspot account. Go to picasa.net or from blogspot, follow leads to photoblogging, download hello, create a username. Once you have a hello account, you can create other photoblogs using the setting function there, like what I have done (check out my photo albums). Sarap pampalipas-oras. And a very very good way to document memorable events in your life, unless you don't want them in public. It is also a very good way to vent out and still keep anonymity (provided you don't link that personal side of yours to any of your photoblogs where you have a pic.) And when you have it na, join the group!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

If you ask a question in the comments and want to receive email for my answer, please click on the option to notify you by email before you hit submit.
If you like my recipes, please subscribe to Kusina ni Manang, at paki-klik lang po some gugel adverts. Salamat!

Popular Posts