Chicken Roll-Up

This is a re-posting from my Old Kusina, when i was still linking my blog posts to geocities.I did not edit the story, so this story was from 2004.

I was looking at my collection of printed recipes and this idea was from Del Monte Kitchenomics, but the original recipe did not include using celery sticks, and also called for deep frying and using its famous tomato sauce. I try to avoid deep-frying as much as possible for health reasons, and also because it is messier and cooks only several pieces at a time. So I baked instead, together with the dinner rolls. And as usual, in this recipe I made use of the home-made stewed tomatoes from my Mom-in-law.

Ingredients:

4-6 chicken breasts or thighs, deboned
white cheese for filling
2-3 celery sticks, cut lengthwise in half
1/8 cup sesame seed oil (or melted butter or vegetable oil)
toothpicks

Coating mixture:
1/4 c corn meal
1/8 c all-purpose flour
1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
3/4 tsp Italian seasoning
1/8 tsp garlic salt
1/8 tsp pepper

Italian Tomato sauce: (may use spaghetti sauce)
1 can/bottle stewed tomatoes
1/8 tsp Italian seasoning
salt, sugar, pepper to taste
1 tsp cornstarch + 1/4 c cold water

Instructions:



Pre-heat oven to 400 deg F.

Place the cheese and celery sticks at one short end of the chicken slices and roll up. Secure with toothpicks.

Brush to coat with sesame seed oil.

Coat with the above mixture. Place in a baking dish. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown and tender.

In the meantime, prepare the Italian tomato sauce.

In a small saucepan, simmer the stewed tomatoes. Add Italian seasoning, pepper, salt and sugar to taste. Thicken by adding cornstarch-water mixture.

Spoon Italian tomato sauce onto baked chicken roll-up and serve with dinner rolls.

Comments

  1. hmmmm.. that looks really good.. I got mine dinner rolls but it is PB rolls. :) http://indayadin.blogspot.com/2009/01/pb-rolls-and-braided-egg-bread.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://indayadin.blogspot.com/search/label/PB%20Rolls%20and%20Braided%20Egg%20Bread, I finally got the recipe and just incase you are interested that's why I am back! thank you for the comment and for visitng!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

If you ask a question in the comments and want to receive email for my answer, please click on the option to notify you by email before you hit submit.
If you like my recipes, please subscribe to Kusina ni Manang, at paki-klik lang po some gugel adverts. Salamat!

Popular Posts