Ghirardelli Intense Dark Chocolates

As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program, I received a package of these Ghirardelli Intense Dark Chocolates in a variety of cacao percentages: the 72% Cacao Twilight Delight, the 86% Midnight Reverie, and the Sea Salt Soiree.
With excitement I bought the suggested pairings for them, but I tried them first plain, and let my husband and sons try them as well. We all agreed...they were so smooth and rich, one thin block would be enough to satisfy your craving.
I liked the pairings with nuts, particularly the roasted peanuts and macadamia nuts (I even tried the suggested BBQ chips) as suggested by the booklet that came with them. (I do not drink alcohol, and nobody does in the family, so wine pairing was out of the picture.)
I must say that dark chocolates and nuts go well together, so much so that I liked the Sea Salt Soiree by itself. I did try to neutralize the intense flavor with the mellow ginger gold apple.
But when my son tried to make S'mores out of them the next night, it was like a light bulb! I tried them as well, and I must say it was probably the perfect way to enjoy them Intense Dark Chocolates by Ghirardelli.


I do know that someday (after I am done with all the canning as I welcome the fall season), I will bake something that uses Ghirardelli Intense Dark Chocolates...maybe something like Chocolate Whoopie Pies or Molten Lava Cake.

Comments

Popular Posts