What to do when you have too much egg whites? I just made two batches of supersoft ensaymada
|From Chocolate Meringue Cookies|
* 3 egg whites
* 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2/3 cup white sugar
* 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
2. Combine egg whites, cream of tartar, and vanilla. Beat until the whites form soft peaks. Slowly add sugar; beat until stiff peaks form, and mixture becomes glossy. Fold in cocoa and chocolate chips.
3. Drop mixture by teaspoonfuls on to a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.